Online resort bookings are a trend nowadays, but as you are excited about planning your family outing or a holiday getaway, scammers are taking advantage of these online reservations to steal money.
Many guests are reported being scammed here in Pansol Calamba Laguna by people who pretend to be resort agents. They tricked travelers thinking they are being booked directly on their chosen resort, only to find out on the date of swimming that there is no record of their reservations.
Be careful in choosing a reputable booking site to protect your down payments and yourself from this stressful situation.
REMEMBER THIS 7 TIPS TO AVOID BEING SCAMMED ON RESORT BOOKING
1. Go directly to the official website of the private resort to book your reservations. If you decide to book on a third-party site, choose a reputable one.
2. When booking on Facebook: Check the legitimacy of the person you are transacting with.
Facebook Pages or Facebook profile usually says a lot. Look for feedback, recommendations, or identity from profiling itself. You also have the right to ask for identification cards or resort business permits.
3. Request for resort video, and updated photos of the resort. Confirm the amenities included like the number of rooms, pool water temperature if you want hot spring, warm or cold, billiard, and videoke to make sure you are booked on your chosen resort.
4. Too Low Price! Promises that are too good to be true.
The offer itself can be easily determined if it is real or not. A price that is too low for a big private resort, too many promises, freebies, a value that doesn’t match the price, and so on.
5. Doubtable bank accounts.
Banks are very strict especially when opening a corporate account. If the company does not match the account given to you, think twice. Most especially when the account provided is an individual name.
6. Ask for reservation or acknowledgment receipt.
This is very important when making advance payments. It will support your reservation and must present on the date of swimming.
7. Call the resort to confirm your booking. Resort Contact numbers are mostly printed on the receipt. Make sure that reservation details such as name, date of swim, and time are matched.
Be vigilant. Be attentive to details.
A friendly reminder from your 100% LEGIT Private Resort Finder, Pansolresorts.com.ph!